Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chapter Three

***
As I recalled the first time I sat next to her, my eyes started brimming with tears.

French Fry... Hahaha... I laughed ironically to myself.

She... She's one of a kind. She's not exactly beautiful nor stunning. Yet, there's something about her... Something that makes me keep going back to her just to see her laugh, just to see her smile. Just looking at her satisfies me. Somehow, she seems satisfied with life as it is. Simple and sweet. She's not one to demand much from anyone, not from me...

More about me, you may ask? Well, I'm not super rich nor super handsome and you may expect all the main characters in fairy tales to be. I'm not your typical good looking, smart and rich guy. I'm well off, not too rich, not too poor. Not too bad looking, quite good looking tim... *looks in mirror* I'm ok in my studies, not a nerd, not a dummy.

BUT, I'm different. Why? I just am. Aren't you?

Just a month ago, I thought I was in love with her. Now, I'm madly in love with her. Yet, she treats me like sh*t! I bang on the wall hard.

"BIG FRY! What are you doing banging on the wall in the middle of the night?", my mum shouted at me to keep quiet.

O_O

"Sorry..."

I sighed and plopped onto my bed and tried to go to sleep.

^^^
*Big Fry's dream*
-sunset on a beach-

"Ooh... So beautiful.", I said to myself.
"Yeap. It is. :)", a voice said.

I jumped. O_o Since when did French Fry appear???

"Would you run into the setting sun and catch some of those rays just for me?", she asked sweetly.
"OF COURSE!", I replied impulsively.

I ran into the waves and and tried but floundered helplessly in the water, trying to catch the sunrays just for French Fry. The furthur I got, the more I struggled; the more I struggled, the more I felt like I was drowning.

French Fry face disappeared as suddenly as it appeared.

The sun suddenly changed into Onion Ring's face, the mocking laughter and note of triumph in it pierced into my heart.

"NO!!!"

Everything turned dark slowly as I sunk deeper into the sea.

^^^

I opened my eyes slowly. My pillow was damp with sweat.

I have been getting similar nightmares recently. All of them started happy with French Fry and then scary when Onion Ring comes about triumphant over some victory or other over me.

I never detested Onion Ring. I even thought of him as a friend. Thought... When did he cease to become my friend? Was it when he first asked her out? Was it when I started hearing rumours about them going out? Or... was it when I found out that he betrayed me...?

That betrayal costed me a love and a friendship. Does it mean nothing to him? Nothing at all? He did it all because of jealousy? Love? Hate?

I looked at the clock. 5.23am. So early... =_= Need more sleep.......

^*^*^*^
-French Fry's room-

I looked at the clock... 2.40am already!

I've been so engrossed in doing my work that I forgot the time. I must get some sleep.

I have to stop thinking of Big Fry. Big Fry... Well. Sigh.

After what happened... I don't believe our friendship would ever be the same again.

^*^*^*^
-Big Fry's bedroom-

"Kor! I wanna go to the ZOO!!!"
"Ok, OK! Stop pulling my hair!", *grumble grumble*
"Yay!!!"
"But the zoo very smelly wan wor."
"Onions are smellier! You don't know meh? Onions are so yucky and they make other people cry when you cut them. So smelly..."
"O_o... Let's go to the zoo. Onions are very smelly hor. ^_^", I laughed to myself.

-At the zoo-
As I watched Small fry jump about, I smile in remembrance the last time he jumped about like that...

^^^
"Hi French Fry! :D", Small Fry said.
"Hey, cutie. :)", French Fry replied.
"Are we going to the zoo today?"
"Nope. But we're going somewhere else!", French Fry said mysteriously.
"Erhm. Where are we going?", I butt in, just as curious as Small Fry.
"Somewhere special... Hehehe.", she answered without giving away any clues.

Small Fry jumped about French Fry until he got dizzy and I had to carry him on my back. -_-" That boy...

"Tadaa~~ We're here!", French Fry announced.
"Ooh...", the both of us replied.
"Nice? :P"
"Nice...", with both our thumbs up.
"Are you sure?", she scrunched up her eyebrows.
"Sure...", both of us nodded our heads.
"Oik! Tell the truth!", she whacked our heads lightly.
"T_T Why did you bring us to the neighbourhood park?", I said.
"Yea...", Small Fry added in, disappointed.
"Aish, it's not just an ordinary neighbourhood park, ok. Do you see there? That playhouse? That's our castle!", and she ran towards the house and peeked out of the window. "We have to get some mosquito repellant though.", and made a face.

We dragged out feet towards the playhouse.

"Come!", she said impatiently. "Come and see!"

Small Fry who's easier to console ran over to her.
"WOW!", he said excitedly when he saw what was in the playhouse.

Curious, I walked faster towards the playhouse trying not to show that I'm curious.

"Hahaha. You wanna have a look then come over faster. You don't have to have that I-don't-care look on your face 'cause I know that you are curious.", she said cheekily.

^_^ <-- malu


"Erhm. *clears throat* Who's curious?", still trying to cover up.
"You are!"
"..." Fine. -_-"

I jogged over.

"Wow..."
"I told you it's something special!"
"Yea..."

She decorated the whole playhouse with coloured ribbons and shining paper. In the middle of the house there was a small table where there sat a mini chocolate cake. Three small stools around the table and five candles were lit on the cake.

"It's for Small Fry's birthday.", she grinned when she saw my stunned expression.

I must have looked very blur. ^_^

"Birthday! Birthday!", Small Fry yelled jumping around the playhouse.

I've forgotten that I asked French Fry to help think of something for Small Fry's birthday.

"Oh yea. ^_^ <-- malu again."
"Aiyo, brother's birthday you can also forget. What kind of brother are you?", she asked in mock sternness.
"Huhuhu. ^_^ Forgot mar."

^^^

-Zoo- "Hey Small Fry, wanna call French Fry jie jie out anot today?", ^_^ *innocent smile* "OK! :D", he answered happily. "I give you my phone you call her, ok. ^_^ BUT, you don't tell her I asked you to call, ok." "Ok. :D" Heh heh heh... I mentally rubbed my hands together. I get to see her! :D "Hallo...", my brother's innocent voice floated into my ears. ^_^ Huhuhu. Good boy. O_O She picked up the phone! Maybe I should have called instead. T_T She hasn't been picking up my calls. T_T

"My brother asked if you wanted to come over to the zoo to play with us or not..."

O_O! That boy!

"Oh... He told me not to tell you, but you're my good friend, so I'm telling you. :)"

In front of me... T_T It's so embarrassing...

"Really? Yay!!! We'll see you soon!"

I gave my brother a big hug and a big kiss on his cheek.

O_O!!! Did I just do that?

"EwW!"
"BLEch! Yuck!"

I love my brother so much. T_T

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home